Thursday, March 5, 2009

And I scream for the sunlight...

My skin slightly burns from the sun filling my open pores, bleaching my thin hair, creating melanin. My darkened dogs closely eye a young pup in the yard over as he dances in the wind. The wind blows gently, then fools me by howling through the clouds and sometimes sharing a gust in the grass. My ass is flat against an old wooden bench that was at one time red, but now looks more like dirt, mud and rock than anything else. My phone lie quiet, resting the in the shadow of my laptop while my anxious heart awaits my beauty; Along with her puppy. The birds chirp in their nests far above any head level and flies are finding their way out into the open. My yard remains damp from winter's final snow, everywhere except where the sun beams. I can feel the hemp gently hugging my neck while the wind blows every hair atop my head out of wack.

"And I scream for the sunlight..."
-Conor Oberst.

No comments:

Post a Comment